Wednesday, January 9, 2008

L'Officiel India





My blogfriend eccentric is adamant that L'Officiel India (website not apparently up and running properly...quite yet) is the greatest fashion publication going around. It's a syndicated version of a French title of the same name which - although it's been published since 1921 and is a household name in France I'd never ever heard of. The covers are absolutely stunning and I'm right now I'm busting to hold an issue in my very own hands!

PS. Just in case anyone was thinking - I intend to adhere to a policy of tanning non-promotion on this blog. Pallor ala Trentino and Kidman has mercifully dominated so far.

1 comment:

Manish said...

Hi friend!
ha ha ha...I am not "adamant" that L'officiel is the best mag. Actually it has been running in India for the last five years. It's about luxury and fashion and has got less to do with practical affordable fashion. I actually like the covers, shoots and layouts. Even L'Officiel features celebs sometimes but they are socialites who are recluse and people actually want to read about them. So there is an aura of exclusivity unlike Vogue which will feature Sienna Miller ten times(though I like her).
Usually the mag features interviews of heads of fashion houses like Tamara Mellon from Jimmy Choo etc. Ciao!
PS: I am waiting for the time when GQ, Bazaar and Galamour will be launched in India.