Tuesday, January 6, 2009

InStyle Australia

Shameful confession: I love this magazine. Apparently it recently underwent a "makeover" and although I can't remember enough of what it was like previously to be able to assess how much it has actually changed, I have very much devoured the past couple of issues. This magazine has no tabs on itself whatsoever: it makes no claims about itself other than being able to pick out the most compelling celebrity style trends, and does not feel the need to include articles whose supposed depth is supposedly meant to disavow the magazine's inherent superficiality (e.g. Vogue Australia). It has a beautiful, clean, unbusy layout and (nerdy as it sounds) I love the typeface: so readable! It is also uncluttered by needless promotional material (Harper's Bazaar)...I will post a cover gallery some time soon. There was a beautiful issue with Anne Hathaway on the over in about ?September which I had but have now lost...if anyone has it and is willing to exchange it please let me know.

No comments: