Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I Am The Resurrection

After an incredibly long hiatus, and after the most ridiculous academic/personal/professional year you could imagine, I have started to begin posting again. There is much to be excited about in the magfashworld at the moment. In coming weeks I plan to post reviews of the Vogue Italia "Black Issue" - probably the greatest issue of any magazine I have ever seen ever - as well as the glorious new W. with Anne Hathaway on the cover. God, I love Anne Hathaway. They simply don't build bombshell brunettes like her anymore. I should also try to check out the September Vogue Paris in which she is allegedly featured. Here is a rather tantalising taster...


May God have mercy on us all.


I am excited about the new Vogue Australia with Catherine McNeil on the cover, which is out tomorrow - I believe this is her first Australian mag cover - and I have to say that Vogue Australia have picked up the standard a bit over the past few issues, and I am excited about its newfound sense of direction.

So I'm back. THE ONLY STRAIGHT MAN THIS SIDE OF THE ORION ARM WHO READS AND LOVES VOGUE.

More soon.

Love,

Jules

xxxxx

3 comments:

grenadine said...

Ahh, I have a soft spot for Ms. Hathaway. I still have to rent Get Smart!

Magazines Junkie said...

HUH...Ms.Hathaway totally gorgeous !!!!! i like that photoshoot!!!!! she's have PERPECT skins !!!!

CvS said...

It's been a while since I looked at a road sign, but I SEEM to remember still being on this side of Orion's arm.

Here I am, a straight masculine man with bookshelves OVERFLOWING with fashion magazines. The heavier, thicker, and glossier, the better. UK Vogue is certainly a keeper, but for my money ELLE perfectly skirts the periphery between haute pretense and modern playfulness. Thick, heady pages on mirror gloss, but a youth and clarity that's sometimes lost on the ars-gratia-artis Vogue set.

Find me. Let's talk.