Friday, December 3, 2010

Marie Claire Australia January 2011

My girlfriend recently started subscribing to Marie Claire (Australia). This is a strange publication. Between sunny and beachy editorials positively oozing with the imminence of an illicit sexual encounter, there are articles exposing such ghastly things as the scourge of human sex trafficking in Australia, unethical medical experimentation, etc. It doesn't represent my own fantasy of a fashion magazine (the decadence of Elle in its many international manifestations more closely approximates this), but its enduringly healthy circulation and readership in Australia means that it must be doing something for the hoi polloi.



Can't we give it up with Elle Macpherson already? This is the woman who famously said "I wouldn't read a book I hadn't written myself."

No comments: